When completing your next business activity statement (BAS), remember:
- Keep accurate and complete records of all sales, fees, expenses, wages and other business costs.
- Only lodge one BAS for each period. If your form has been replaced, you should use the replacement form and not the original.
- If you lodge electronically, there’s no need to send the paper form.
- Only complete fields that apply to you. If you have nothing to report, enter zero.
- Make sure that you have entered the figures for your obligations at the correct label.
- Enter whole dollar amounts – leave cents out and don’t round up to the next dollar.
- Lodge online and you may get an extra two weeks to lodge and pay your BAS.
- Registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you.
- Ensure you have included all income collected for the period.
Remember, if you’ve made a mistake you can revise or fix the mistake on your next BAS.
WBG has more than fifty years’ experience in tax and planning, please contact us if you need any advice or help!
Tel: (08) 8410 8999
Address: 15 Beulah Road, Norwood SA 5067
Email: [email protected]