On the 27th of December 2021, the South Australian Government has released two new cash grants for eligible businesses that were negatively impacted by the increased restrictions.
Tourism, Hospitality and Gym Industry Grants
The first of these grants are split into two payments and are known as the Tourism, Hospitality and Gym Grant – Automatic Payment and Turnover Based Payment – December 2021. For non-employing businesses, the government automatically provides $1,000 each payment, $3,000 each payment for employing businesses, and an extra $1,000 for any businesses that are in the CBD (postcode of 5000). For eligible businesses with turnover above $2 million, there is an additional $7,000 grant. To apply for the second turnover-based payment, eligible businesses must demonstrate a 30% reduction in turnover during the period 27 December 2021 to 9 Jan 2022 (inclusive).
Every eligible business under this grant that received the previous COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant or Gym operators that received the Additional COVID-19 Business Support Grant will automatically receive the first payment from 4 Jan 2022. To receive the second turnover-based payment, eligible businesses MUST apply, even if you were in receipt of the first automatic payment. If you receive the second payment but did not receive or were ineligible for the first automatic payment, you will receive a top-up amount equivalent to the payment you would have received automatically.
Eligible ANZIC Codes
- 4511- Cafes & Restaurants
- 4513- Catering Services
- 4520- Pubs, Taverns and Bars
- 4530- Clubs (Hospitality)
- 4400- Accommodation
- 4820- Water Passenger Transport
- 5010- Scenic and Sightseeing Transport
- 7220- Travel Agency and Tour Arrangement Services
- 8921 – Zoological and Botanical Gardens Operation
- 8922 – Nature Reserves and Conservation Park Operation
- 9131- Amusement Parks and Centres Operation
- 9139 – Amusement and Other Recreational Activities N.E.C.
Gyms and personal trainers
- 9111- Health and Fitness Centres and Gymnasia Operation
- 8211 Sports and Physical Recreation Instruction
Business Hardship Grants (All other industries)
The second grant is known as the Business Hardship Grant – December 2021. For those businesses that are not eligible for the tourism, hospitality, and gym grants $2,000 will be provided for non-employing businesses, employing businesses receive $6,000 and an extra $2,000 for CBD based businesses (postcode of 5000) by the South Australia Government. To apply for this grant, an eligible business must provide evidence to demonstrate a 50% reduction in turnover during the period 27 December 2021 to 9 Jan 2022 (inclusive).
Major events grant
Due to the pandemic, some events, community activities have been cancelled. To support organizations, the South Australian Government decides to support up to $100,000 for organisers of cancelled or postponed major public events. Application to be released shortly.
- All businesses must be registered for GST to be eligible
- Have a valid and active ABN (Australia Business number)
- Have been operating in SA
- Have a total Australian grouped payroll of less than $10 million in the 20219-2020 or 2020-2021 financial year
- Not be engaged in illegal activities
The closing date is 31st March 2022.